Thread: Cigar Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Cigar Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Raze,

All you need is to stick them in a Tupperware container with a damp sponge. They will keep just fine as long as the sponge is damp and NOT touching the cigars. Open the container at least once a week to check the sponge and let a little air flow.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa whoa, make damn sure if anyone does this they used distilled water, mold/bacteria can/will form on a wet sponge and distilled water greatly (maybe eliminates iirc?) reduces the chance of this happening. mold/bacteria on your sticks is not cool.

also, you can sort of improvise a humidor with a cedar cigar box, some of that green plant sponge stuff that goes in many elements, and a bottle of distilled water. just make sure the element isn't soaked and the box has a decent seal.

anyone know about keeping sticks in a freezer? i was reccomended to do this for 24 hours with my cubans b/c they dont undergo the last process of freezing that apparently other cigars do to kill any potential threats, i.e., bugs in your sticks, but i never did it as i feel the swiss habanos dealer i go through wouldn't keep sticks that were possibly infected with bugs in their humidor that likely is worth seven figures....

-Tex