View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: The Well: TOO EAZY!

[ QUOTE ]
How fast/slow do you think the learning curve is for a new player at micro stakes now, but puts in about 3 hours/day on average playing/studying the game?

How would you rate the mid-stakes games in terms of toughness these days? Are there plenty of poor players or are the midstake games primarily filled with regulars?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well as far as the learning curve goes, I think that is up to you. People "get it" at different rates. It's about discipline and focus as well as being honest with yourself. This isn't for everyone. 3-4/hrs a day should get you 100k a year if you start at 25nl and you really study hard in my opinion. Barring some mega horrible run. The mid stakes games are easy. I don't think games get greatly difficult if you're properly bankrolled until 10/20+. There are plenty of breakeven players and donators at 2/4-5/10 to pick on. I don't expect this to ever change either. A big realization I think a lot of players don't really come across is how bad a "good" .5/1 player really is. I know that might sound funny but it's pretty fascinating how bad a lot of regulars are. I honestly believe this game is easy, it's just about discipline and common sense. Obviously you need to table select at 2/4+ more than 1/2 and below, but if you have basic common sense (don't sit with 8 regs even if you have a slight edge), there's no reason to declare 2/4-5/10 difficult.