View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Bottom pair, bottom kicker, lotsa draws

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero...

Early at the table so no meaningful reads. They do seem like a passive lot prone to check and call. I seem to remember an SSHE example virtually identical to this declaring that the ghastly pair with all the draws was still a strong hand. This seems like the quintiscential multi-way pot. Even with 5 others I don't expect much competition for the OESD. I don't want to *keep* 5 others because I don't want someone with (say) a BDFD hanging around.

My thought is to check, and c/r if a bet comes late hoping to present the early players with two bets cold. If there's too much action I'll fold, otherwise I'd like to c/c the turn and try to hit the river.