View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Playing HU at SNG 6-max: theory discussion

[ QUOTE ]
If they don't fold, don't bluff. Value bet.
If they fold a lot, bet a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I think that's like in the vaccuum textbook advice that doesn't acknowledge the 5 examples where we are ~20BB deep and blinds move up every 6 minutes. I'm well aware that you are not supposed to bluff "loose players" and you are supposed to value bet harder against them. Not the point. 20-25BB structures where if you fold SB, you are essentially giving your opponent a pot either 10% of your stack or 10% of his stack sucks.

What am I going to do - raise to 600 at 100/200 3 times, miss all flops, fold all flops, and then start to push bot? Is this correct? Or, do I try to cont. bet one "good flop"? or just avoid tough situations and wait to push bot if I don't hit a premium hand at this level? Or do I incorporate c/r bluffing more in SNG HU. Or should I pushbot earlier?

Sometimes, you get lucky and your opponent is TAG and you can 3-bet him and play some poker. Or he's weak tight and you can rape him with a couple of cont. bets. Most are LOOSE PASSIVE and it is just becoming too much of a gamble. Whether I am going to get called down with A high, midpair, TP, or whatever, is driving me bat [censored] at 100/200. I feel like I am resorting more to push botting than I am anything else, when at 20 - 25BB, I'd really like to whittle opponents down a little and have a 2:1 or greater than pushbotting begins.

Barry