View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: NL100 2 barrel w AK, river TP

[ QUOTE ]
Greg,

I'm not sure about this, but just because any hand we beat folds doesn't mean it's a bad bet, does it? (Assuming that we are not getting called that often by a hand we lose to here).

I guess what I'm saying is we'd rather bet and have 99 fold than check and let 99 see our hand, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would love to have an opponent see a double barrel that got there on the river. We will get lots of action [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]

And I think some of the arguments you're using can be used against you- he's passive so he could slowplay a set here. But he's passive...so he could have AT, 99, JJ, etc, too. Right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Passive donk is different than passive 18/17. OP doen't say anything that indicates this guy is a calling station. Also, again, do you think AT, 99, JJ call a river bet?
[ QUOTE ]

And as for your question, I'd shove the turn in his shoes with a set here because I don't like letting 3 streets come because I always seem to get caught [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. But the board now has some straight draws and a flush draw that we can rep or protect against with a shove.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, and, perhaps it was a poorly worded question. If you were a 18/17 passive player, you are probably calling the turn with a set.

[ QUOTE ]
(I might be way off, I dunno. And thanks for coming into SSNL to help out!)

[/ QUOTE ]Heck I might be way off! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also, I think we need to pay more attention to what I mentioend abotu his stats before. He is 18/17, which means he's cold calling with VERY FEW hands. Players like these will ALWAYS call with pocket pairs in position (no reason not to). However, SC are the hands that might fold preflop. His range is so tight between raising and VPIP, though, that it really looks like there is only enough room for PP.