Thread: K5s What to do
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Re: K5s What to do

[ QUOTE ]
I really think the donk bet on the flop smells like weakness. I tend to put my opponents on a flush draw or middle pair type hands. Most opponents in a blind defense situation will opt for a c/r with their stronger hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand is more than "smelling weakness" and attacking (which is really you putting a read on the situation based on your experience, which may or may not apply to this situation depending on whether you play Stars 6-max .50/1).

If you think he has a weak hand, why not wait until the turn to punish him? Do you not expect him to donk the turn as well?

What about getting 3-bet by the Ace of nut-flush-draw-dom? Are you folding on the turn UI if 3-bet, or will you call down top pair anyway if there's no flush card?

If you think he could be donking middle pair, why not value bet the river?

In heads up situations in position, you have a huge amount of control over the action. Against an unknown, I think it's better to get to showdown with a made mediocre hand on a scary board for the value of seeing his cards and getting a read so that you can support your blind steals with information in future hands.