View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Re: live 6/12, overs+gutshot from BB

I think I have a fair amount of equity against the SB's range -- he could have as little as something like A5 here.

If there are a lot of players involved in this pot, I'm not thrilled if I hit a jack, where I'm likely to be outkicked; if I hit a 9, of course, I can't play very aggressively since it completes an OESD.

Even if I do hit a jack on the turn and it's good, I'd still have to dodge a lot of overcards.

Hands I want out of this pot if I'm to continue: jacks that have me outkicked; 9's that would chop if a 7 hits; T's that would give me an OESD on the turn that could raise the turn and make it expensive to see the river; a lot of overcard hands that might just keep peeling and run me down if I hit just a jack.

If I raise and can likely get it heads up with SB, I'd have put in two bets out of 8 with well over 25% equity against his range.

OTOH, my hand is s*$#, I'm out of position, and I have 5 players behind me, so maybe I should just fold. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edited to add: also, I haven't played a hand in about 3 orbits, I think it's been noticed, and I think if I raise, most people will fold here without at least TP or an OESD.