View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Unsuccesful bluff!

[ QUOTE ]
Raise the donk bet on the flop to like 1400 or so. He's betting for information and to block to get a cheap showdown. You will see this a lot in tournaments at that level. Tell him what he wants to hear - that his hand is no good and he can make a good fold on the basis of his cunning bet to see where he stands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, suppose I raise flop and he calls(which would have been more likely as he did call a big riverbet with his sh!tty hand anyway), do I c/f turn and river then?
Wouldn't that be the same as my river bluff?!
My thoughts at the time were for me to pretend slowplaying top p/overp/strt/trips on a rainbow flop/turn.
Then on river as another 10 came out, from his small bet I figured he was betting a pair of nines to get a cheap showdown, hence my raise.

[ QUOTE ]
In general, I like this advice against this kind of donkbet.

Here, you often have 10 outs or are ahead, so I like just calling.

The problem with a pot sized river bluff is you have to get villain to fold half the time for it to be profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally is the call of a pot sized bet with his hand on that board in mtt happening more than 50% of the time?
Personally I would fold 90% if I was there, but ofcourse I would rarely get involved in sb with Q3o and that stack.