View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 09:43 AM

Default Re: x-IRS agent famous for protesting the I.T. found Guilty

[ QUOTE ]
I feel income taxes are unnecessary and that the way that the government wastes American tax dollars is ridiculous, but I also agree with the above poster that laws are not up for individual interpretation. If you feel the income tax laws are unjust, you should do something about it, but you should also continue to abide by the law until something is done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lack the ecomonic knowledge needed to say whether or not income taxes are necessary for the United States. That government wastes tax-money is probably true, but have less to do with the validity of the income tax itself.

Im just amazed by people like this woman who complains when she is sentenced for actions that the courts clearly have stated are illegal. Some argue that the income tax is unconstitutional, from what Ive read on the various amendments I respectfully disagree. And since the vast majority of elected officials have chosen to upheld the income tax and have not challenged it, and since the courts repedatly have stated that the income tax is in line with the constitution I feel no pain for those who are arrested for tax evasion.

If people feel that it is unconstitutional then by all means vote for whoever wants to get rid of the income tax, but most people have repedatly voted for politicians that have chosen to upheld it. Im not against peaceful civil disobediance, but as long as they brake the current laws of the nation I also think there need to be some penalties handed out to those who choose to go that way.

When the people systematically vote for politicians who are in favor of keeping the income tax and when the courts time after time rules that the income tax is constitutional then you have little choice but to suck it up or go to jail, until you have managed to change the system.