View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 08:34 AM

Default Re: NL50 - JJ in a RR pott

if we play a small 3way pot OOP our implied odds are much better than a big pot HU OOP.

We have to give credit to EP raiser for a goot hand that we are a coinflip against (unpaired OC's to our Jacks) or crushed by (QQ+) most of the time - yes he has a smaller pp here sometimes. Then the CO flats. Hmmm well it's a squeeze opportunity, but that turns our JJ into a bluff - and given that the villains know about as much about us as we do about them (nothing) I think it's a little less likely that they fold. I think that if we are wanting to squeeze here I'd bump it to ~$15. If UTG calls our Potsized raise it gives CO plenty juicy odds to call with whatever he's got as well - we are just setting ourselves up for a tough hand here unless we flop a set.

As it turned out instead of playing a small pot 3ways OOP with great implied odds we are now playing a huge pot 3ways OOP with terrible Reverse Implied odds and all our options suck.

I think that what it comes down to is we have no [censored] clue about what calling ranges UTG + CO have in 3bet pots and until we have some idea of what those ranges are we do better to keep the pots smaller.

The river choices we have here suck - calling is bad cos we are almost always beat, folding is bad cos the pot is BIG and our turn check might have induced a bluff from something like TT (or worse KK) - tho it's odds on Villain holds AK/AQ here.

Whenever we end up in a [censored] spot on teh river it usually means we have messed up earlier streets.