View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 07:04 AM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to suspend posting at this time because my case is being reviewed by an unbiased party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow - how lame is this statement.

Whilst I have been defending FTP's handling of this matter I did state that sillysal was entitled to be able to challenge their findings.

Sillysal has had almost universal support here and whether or not her case is being reviewed by a third party this statement smacks of someone who is ungrateful and probably guilty.

For all you posters who have said that FTP should be more forthcoming with information what do you make of this?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a boxing fight. I do not choose side. I want to see facts, evidence, proof.

It's very simple. FTP state Sillysal as a cheater. Sillysal deny. FTP refuse to provide evidence.

If this was a personal thing between Sillysal and FTP, I would not care at all.

I just see very bad implications for onlinepoker. Technical tools, poker tracker, boots, AI in what ever form there are will probably not be a lesser problem in the future. And if this tools are so effective (I don't know if they are; I have never used anything, not even pokertracker), they will probably change the landscape radically. Player will use them in masses (like they use pokertracker today) and the similarity in winning playing style will create users with very similar statistic.

As a consequence, to provide statistic which show similarities between different players will not make any sense at all.

I have no problem if FTP nails cheaters. In fact I would love to see it. But I have a lot of problem if they nail cheaters and no one know how they did it and no one know if they really did. This create an unpleasant atmosphere where we just can speculate over how they did it and conspiracy theories will explode; aswell as fear, that maybe you will be the next to be accused. That atmosphere is very negative for the legitimacy of onlinepoker.

FTP should consider to make there findings public.