View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 04:47 AM

Default Re: Adjusting to a bad streak.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"I have been running bad the last week. Fortunately, I have broke pretty close to even."

Sorry but I stopped reading here. You play break even poker for a week and whine about it? Try posting again when you hit a real bad streak.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point of my post is not that this is a prolonged bad streak that I am in. I have had many long losing streaks over the course of my poker career and I am well aware that one week is nothing. However, during this particualar week I have sensed that some players have made some adjustments toward me and going forward I was curious how you handle these situations.

So read on.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they adjust, you adjust. If they are putting you on ace high and calling you with bottom pair, check behind with ace high and value bet the hell out of medium pairs.

I've been break even for the last two months at the bellagio 15 and in addition to the above I've also cut down on isolation raises and I tightened up my blind steal range. Basically playing more ABC and less LAG. Also I hooked up my SNES and locked myself in my apartment for a couple of days and played some tecmo bowl and super ghouls and ghosts and found a 4-8/6-12 h.o.r.s.e game at Red Rock, that helped clear my mind.