View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 12:11 AM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not to mention, its probably in ftp's best interest NOT to confiscate her 47k. if she's a high stakes LHE player shes going to generate a lot more than that in rake in one year.

[/ QUOTE ]
I might be completely wrong, but I think it wouldn't be quite that high. She's a HU player, and they cap the rake on HU tables at $.50 per pot. So the fact that it's high stakes shouldn't make a difference on rake, especially compared to a 6-max player.

Although I really have no idea how much rake she generates, you're probably right that it's -EV long term to lock her account and "steal" her money (which they said they were planning on using to reimburse those who she has played against.

I'm looking forward to reading Mike Haven's opinion on the evidence that he has had presented to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

a.) $47K isn't that much to tilt

b.) limit players even just heads up limit players generate GOOD amounts of rake, way over $47K in a 12 month timespan.

$100 says she was a bot...and I'll lay 2:1 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure the amount of rake a good heads-up limit player generates does not compensate for the lost rake to the site that the weaker players would have otherwise generated by losing their money slowly in ring games.