View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 10:40 PM

Default Re: ***** November LC Thread *****

A 20 bi downer should be rare enough, especially at low levels, that there almost *has* to be something else going on. It'll happen occasionally, for sure, but shouldn't really be a common occurence.

There's likely a very prominent "running bad" component, but when that happens, it's definitely worth taking a few days and just looking over hand histories. When I did the same thing after my last huge downswing (and it was more than 20BI, it was more like 40 or 50, dropping down through *so* many levels 10BI at a time, all the way from $220s to $20s and even eventually $5s), I found lots of really sick beats and coolers, just a huge collection of the most disgusting [censored], that made me want to puke even watching replays of it, but I also found far more stupidity and tiltedness on my part than I expected to. Not saying that's the case for you, but it definitely was for me.

BTW, the potential value you lose for waiting even for 20 buyins is WAY more than 5%. It's more like 100%, or 150%. It really is that disgusting.

But like I said, if it's not working, then you have to either figure out why (maybe your win % is just low enough overall that your variance will be sick-high, I dunno), or you have to try something else.

Beating your head against a wall is way more -EV than waiting too long to move up is. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]