View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 10:24 PM

Default Weak TP facing Repped Overpair - Shove/Fold Turn?

Just sat down at this table 3 hands ago. To date Villian has open-raised preflop all of them, got called by one of the blinds once, and raised the opponents flop donk on a ragged board. This is the extent of my read that he is aggro and has a rather wide range for 3-betting me here. I flop TP and call thinking he will give up on the turn and would fire at that flop with most if not all of his 3-betting range. I am prepared to fold to a turn shove. However that bet on the turn is strange, and his flop bet was also a little undersized - I think small/medium pocket pairs and a missed AK/AQ or the flush draw are now a large enough part of his range to justify getting it in. The other possibility is that he bet smallish to induce a shove but I don't encounter that a lot at these stakes. I want to know if you people think I should go with my read in this hand or if it's not strong enough - I am usually only too happy to muck top pair to aggression in 3-bet pots at this level when calling with SCs because most Villians are nits when it comes to 3-betting preflop. And if you think I have made any mistakes in my thought process or actions throughout the hand. Thanks.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $79.11
Hero: $49.25
Button: $20
SB: $156.68
BB: $50.75

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $7</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($14.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $9</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($32.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $18</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $33.75</font>