View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 09:46 PM

Default Re: 100NL - AA - Max Extraction against Tulegit21?

allthecheese, and split to a lesser degree, I think you are making an error in thinking about this hand as opening his "stack off range." Of course this isn't your only concern, but the multiple instances of "stacking off" lead me to believe you are planning to felt too much.

3bet preflop is standard play but calling is fine to mix it up.
Either way, a 13/6 is not usually stacking off with only 1 pair.

You seem like the type of player he is afraid of bluffing him out, so calling makes it seem more like you could be bluffing.
However, calling also seems like set mining, and that will make him wary to stack off when he faces major agg.

3betting is the best way to get him to stack off with KK, or an AK that hits.
calling is good if you are also calling a lot IP and playing back at him a lot.
Do you have a lot of history of mixing it up with him?

also, are your 8k hands datamined? if they aren't then if 17/12 deviates from your avg. at all it is pretty irrelevant, because he will also have 8k hands on you and I'm pretty sure he is multitabling and not paying too much attention to you at this particular table

as played raising the flop is a no-brainer. this is a drawy flop and it is very likely you would play back at him with str8 or flush draw. sucks if he gives up Ak/AQ but calling to let him hit a pair is not only giving up a ton of value from PP's but also letting him hit flush draws/sets way too cheap

edit: just realized you have As so flush draws are not likely, but nevertheless you need to start building the pot if you want any chance at all of stacking him.
I'd make it 12-19