View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Prof wants to add more class??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so to recap

1. you missed the first class where she mentioned this possibility.

2. you could tell her you have a conflict and just get the classnotes.

so what is the problem?

i have a class this semester that was put in the course catalog as 2-3:15 and when we got there, he said the class is actually going to be 2-3:50. from what i remember in college, professors can basically do whatever they want except hold mandatory classes during study week (of course they could just call them review sessions).

if you have a problem with how she teaches, write a letter to the dean AFTER the semester. it's too late for anything to happen this semester and you'll just look like a brat.

if she doesn't teach anything during class, then who cares if there is this extra class you're missing? just deal with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very much disagree. No one in the class will be pleased with this, and the prof will likely back down if enough of you speak up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd agree, but this line in the OP

[ QUOTE ]
I think I missed the first class day that she announced this, and for some reason the people that were at class that day didn't object and instead they figured out what day would work best for everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not as if this was sprung up last second. It seems that during the first class the professor said, "We are scheduled to meet MWF, however, there is a lot of content we need to get to, so towards the end of the semester it is likely that we need to add a fourth weekly class. What day/time works best for everyone?"

If this is the case, it seems completely reasonable, since she brought it up during the first class. Nobody complained then, so to complain now would be dumb, since she could say "You've known this was going to happen since day 1."