View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 08:58 PM

Default Re: 100NL - AA - Max Extraction against Tulegit21?

Okay. Well lemme say a little more and you can go ahead and dismiss my point if you think its wrong.

Here's the range I assign this guy raising UTG, 99+, AQ+.

Case I - Smoothe Call Preflop:
From my experience with this type of players (although this guy may be different), he'll never felt 99-JJ without a set. So a smoothe call preflop is bad if you're playing for stacks, because stacks are only going in when he has a set with these hands. He might felt AK or AQ top pair. With QQ-KK, there's a good shot he felts an overpair.

Case II - Repop to give him bad odds to set mine.
If he calls 99-JJ setmining, he'll be making a bad call and we profit long run. IMO, it'll be pretty hard for him not to felt QQ when the board comes 5 7 8 or something like that. So, I think he felts QQ as much here as he would in one-raised. He felts KK more or less always, which has to be more than in one-raised and he felts AK whenever he hits which is probably more than in one-raised.

Analysis: He felts more with worse in three-bet than one-raised.

Now, I made a ton of assumptions here and I have 0 hands logged with opp so go ahead and reject this analysis, but my general experience with this type of player suggests that a reraise is in order.