View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Don\'t raise AK preflop, ever acceptable?

I know it is a good hand, but I personally hate it the most out of all the good hands.

And online, I agree it is very hard to catch reads such as if someone is pushing AK.

I am a live cash game player, not an online player, and although many of the skills are the same, I believe it takes a completely different skill set to play each game respectively.

I by no means think either game is easier than the other.

Just with live play a lot can be picked up off a persons demeanor.
I am not even talking about tells such as hand movements and posture, but more player chatter and voice tone, etc.

I am not trying to be all righteous here, or sound like some phenom, but I tend to have exceptionally good reads on people's hands.

I have offered people my whole stack before in Atlantic City or Foxwoods or Vegas, or even home games, as a side bet to name a players hole cards of a hand neither of us were involved in.
I have never been taken up on this offer, but many times have made $10-40 side bets, and I am about(no bs) 80% on those easy.

And this is usually after sitting at a table for 1-2 hours with players I either don't know or barely know.

I know I am kind of getting off subject here, and sound like I am bragging, but this is the reason I said I have called people down with middle pair when I know they are pushing AK.
The only reason I usually don't come over the top in situations like this is although it can F you royally if a player hits an A or K on the turn or river, they will usually continue betting for you, as long as they are 1st to act, at least till the turn.

Anyway, I am sick of talking about AK.

Lets start a new thread, how to play 7 2 suited.