View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Proposed internet poker ban in MA

Greetings All!

Thanks so very much for your kind words of support, but I do not deserve the credit alone. It was the sharp eyes and keen interest of both John Pappas (Exec. Director PPA) and Rich Muny (Board Member PPA), that alerted me to the probl;em and enabled me to act so swiftly. I consider it a concerted PPA front.

I promise the residents of MA that I take my responsibility of MA PPA Rep extremely serious and will do whatever is necceassary to see this legislation fail. The overwhelming majority of us online poker players are hard-working, law-abiding citizens, and the last thing we need is someone coming into power and then turning ordinary citizens into felons. How ridiculous is that?

Also, I am taking a trip to Washington State on the 17th of November in order to speak to some folks who have contacted me about this issue and want to lend their support to the Massachusetts cause. I expect to be there at least a week, as I have family in Tacoma to visit as well. My goal from this trip is to interview people who were ordinary citizens negatively impacted by the criminalization of the WA State bill. I will do my absolute best to stay in touch with John Pappas and people back home to ensure that NOTHING slips through the cracks.

Additionally, I will be asking for specific support from MA members who wish to volunteer their time to stay on top of any breaking news on this topic while I am away. I will stay in touch with this person or people in my absence.

Again, thank you all so very much for your support of this struggle and I look forward to a bright future for poker players in these United States.

All In,

Randy C~
MA PPA Rep
ma@pokerplayersalliance.org