View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Blackwater in a time of peace

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and the argument you use is the same line the bush administration took when leading up to war in Iraq. The preemptive strike, it's a uniquely fascist technique, attacking them to ensure your own safety...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't wanna talk about the aljazeera thing can we discuss my statement here? you never responded to it either.
No, the argument I use is that way too many people casually brush across the front page of a news paper every other morning and don't have a clue what the hell is actually going on over in Iraq and have these sick fantasies that security agents screened through Blackwater and about 12 other security companies are running through the streets fighting with the soldiers, yet somehow they're immune from the laws that govern the soldiers. The truth is, they only have incidental contact with the soldiers, they're not out there fighting side by side with them. Security agents have a job to do, soldiers have theirs, and they rarely cross paths.

Everyone needs to actually learn what Blackwater does, what security agents do, what the soldiers do, then decide. I believe, as I've stated earlier in this thread, that alot of the hatred for Blackwater is actually hatred for the US Military, and often Blackwater gets blamed for things the US Military did.

[/ QUOTE ] Everyone needs to actually learn what Blackwater does, what security agents do, what the soldiers do, then decide.

I think the part that unnerves people is the potential there for a private military and or private military police service patrolling the world, unchecked by anyone. Maybe that's not what they are now, but i think i read somewhere in this thread about blackwater tanks and aircraft and such? If so, seems like there is a lot there to really be concerned about. see, to me, you're saying "i like the idea of a private super military, with soldiers who receive training second to none in the world, with a structure such that no one at the company can be held liable for worker malfeasance, with IMMUNITY granted by the US, running wild with billions of $$$$$ all around the world" maybe im hearing you wrong but...

[/ QUOTE ]