View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 12:24 PM

Default Re: What happens if the NCAA season ends in the following?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oklahoma beat Texas, there is no realistic scenario at this point in which Texas is in a BCS bowl game. One loss Kansas would go over them whether the loss comes in the Big 12 Championship or against Missouri.

Florida would need lots of help to get into the SEC championship game and would need to beat LSU to get into a BCS bowl game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a scenario for you: Missouri loses at Kansas State, but then beats Kansas in the finale. Kansas still wins the division, but loses their 2nd game in a row when they face OU in the Big XII title game.

And if the Pac-Ten teams, the Big Ten teams, and the Big XII teams are all off-limits, yes I think a 3-loss Florida team would stand a very good chance of being an at-large. Much better than a 2-loss BC or UConn.

After looking things over again though, I think I have it wrong. I think Clemson loses to South Carolina in the regular season finale and thus finishes 10-3 after winning the ACC Title instead of 11-2. That means that Boise State would have a higher BCS ranking than them at 11-1 and would probably get an at-large.

So, the Fiesta Bowl remains OU/Florida, but Boise State probably takes Texas's at-large spot in the Sugar Bowl.

[/ QUOTE ]

How in the hell does Boise St. get an at large BCS bid? They'd be 11-1 overall, 0-1 against BCS conference teams with that loss to a bad Washington team. They'd have a landmark win over... Hawaii??? Sorry, but no way does BSU get a BCS bid this year. Hawaii does only if they win out, but no chance for Boise St.