View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

[ QUOTE ]
MOst of us were never posting "OMG she's innocent give her money back."

[/ QUOTE ]
I think a lot of early posts were implying that.

[ QUOTE ]
It's just that hte process is [censored], regardless of whether she's innocent or guilty. I don't care what kind of evidence FTP has

[/ QUOTE ]
I do care - evidence if the cornerstone of a civilised society

[ QUOTE ]
tehre's no way they can be 100 percent positive, and to accuse someone and freeze their account for 3 weeks without ever telling them what they're accused of

[/ QUOTE ]
I see nothing wrong here and nobody has come up with another way of doing it. If the account is not frozen once suspicous activity is detected then the funds will simply disappear by the cheater withdrawing

[ QUOTE ]
and for the whole process to be final and without any sort of appeal to a third party or regulatory commission, is [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed but this is the same for all sites.

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I think she is probably guilty of botting, and that she probably deserves to lose the 47k. That doesn't change my opinion of how this has been handled by FTP.

[/ QUOTE ]
Apart from initially stating it would take a few days I think this has been handled ok. Sillysal was replied to within 24 hours of her emails.

Once a site has detected possible cheating I think the only option is to freeze the account and tell the account holder that an investigation is under way. I see no benefit in telling the account holder what exactly is the problem because until their investigation is complete there is nothing to be gained. It may be that at the end of an investigation they conclude the player has done nothing wrong and they unblock the account.

IMHO FTP just need to do 2 improvements:

1. Give a more realistic initial timescale on how long the investigation is likely to last.
2. Put in place an appeal procedure if the player is deemed guilty.