View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 08:13 AM

Default Re: huge pot, weird action

[ QUOTE ]
With a premium hand like Q,Q sure I agree with capping preflop the large majority of the time.

However in a situation with the BB 3 betting and the field calling his raise, my hand has gone down in isolation value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh...you should be capping here for value, since it will be difficult to make up those lost 2BB if you win this hand. Your isolation plan is a pipe dream.

[ QUOTE ]
I want to think about the future outcome of me disguising my hand now to allow the BB raiser to feel comfortable raising my bet on the flop and thus thinning the field for both our hands. I just call the third bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, when the flop comes J98 and you bet and he calls with his AK and everyone else calls...you are in no better position then you would've been had you capped. Or, the flop comes K74 and you bet and he raises and everyone folds...and now you need to figure out if he's full of crap or not. Or, the flop comes T87 (two flush) and you bet and he raises and two others call, and...

Basically, anyone with anything is going to have the odds to call two on the flop. You may well win a large pot, but you are going to get sucked out on a good part of the time, assuming you aren't behind already. Just cap PF when you probably have a solid edge.