View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 08:04 AM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

[ QUOTE ]
Right now, when I have 12 Party tables open and PT2, PAHUD and a couple of AHK scripts running, my duo core system gets to its limitations and multitabling sometimes really gets a pain.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, importing speed isn't what we are looking for. There is also the "running out of memory bug", when you imported more than circa 25000 hands at once. It's nice to see that this will take a tenth of the time now though.

But the real importance is how resource demanding is the application while playing. I mean we can pretty much say that a single core processor is barely enough to multi table with PokerTracker and PokerAce running. I had to use all tricks and advice from the forums, so that the poker application stayed responsive.

Also will it be possible to leave the "Ring Game Player Statistics" window open, while playing? When I want to look up something about a player, because the bb/100 stats PokerAce displays are wrong, I open that window and you can really feel the lag it produces when it calculates everything after a hand gets imported. It was impossible to have this window open with a single core processor while playing.

A few thoughts to the screenshots you posted: The session results graph in the screenshot is pretty much useless for me. First of all it's too tied in bundles and it isn't pretty or informative. I think you can use that space better than that. I hope it's possible to disable it and fire it up with a click when you want that graph. Same goes for the graph in the winnings tab. Not pretty enough, waste of space, I'd actually want the other two boxes bigger.

To be honest I really wanted to post what a big disappointment the screenshots are that you posted. But then decided to try out HoldemManager first before posting something and after deinstalling that after an hour, I think that PokerTracker 3 could be a great product.