View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 06:29 AM

Default Re: Bonds Responds

[ QUOTE ]
People who use italics as much as you do put me on tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry.

[ QUOTE ]

Ballplayers dont usually just go from base knocking smallish guys to giant huge-head home run hitters well past the time their body should have started slowing down.

[/ QUOTE ]

What age do you think elite ballplayers should start slowing down?

Fun Fact: The last 5 position players inducted into the Hall of Fame, and 7 of the last 10, have seen an INCREASE in their HR rate after age 35, when comparing the 5 season from ages 30-34 to 35-39.

Oops...

[ QUOTE ]

Regardless, everyone whos not a blind Barry Bonds fan can see that hes been on steroids the same way a mother can tell their kid is on drugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of mother's intuition....I had a chance to sit with Bond's mom, Patricia, at a Giants game in Atlanta in 2006, the one where he hit #726 & #727 off Hudson. She was there with her granddaughter, Bond's daughter.

She was an unassuming, normal lady, and unless you already knew, you'd never guess she was Bond's mom. You'd think she was at a little league game to cheer along her 11-year old son, with her cheap camera snapping candid photos, etc.

Before his first at-bat, while in the on-deck circle, a group of drunks about 15 rows back were shouting all manner of nasty stuff, and you could see the pain in her face as she muttered "it's not right."....and then he he came to the plate, he drove one over the center field fence....she cheered, and turned to me and said "THAT is why they don't like him....because of that right there."

And you know what? She was right. Good call on the mother's intuition.

BTW...the year previous, I got to sit with the Niekro brothers....and Phil Niekro is an absolute pimp. ABSOLUTE P-I-M-P.

[ QUOTE ]

Big head, oversized unnatural muscles, increased longevity,

[/ QUOTE ]

Big head? Hmmm...

Next time you're in Cooperstown, check out their display on the helmets Bonds wore when he hit 755 & 756.

They are size 7 3/8.

Oops...