Thread: Stupid Bluff
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 06:25 AM

Default Stupid Bluff

Villain is 18/14/1.6

This is one of those moments where I thought, ok, I'm giong to bluff. My image isn't too bad and if I think he's got a pair, I'm going to push him off and represent a hand.

While I don't think the above thinking is bad, as it randomizes the way I play, I think given board texture, it's pretty retarded. I'm basically hoping to push 6-9s and Js. The range is too small, agreed correct? When pushing people off, once I bet the turn like this, I should expect that their range is mainly in the 8s-Qs area and given how Q and T hit, I think the range I'm bluffing at is too narrow.

agree?

I think if the river was a K it would be a good value bet and an ace would be good to bluff at. If a 9 hit...is it worth it to check it down or go target Jacks and Queens and continue to bluff?

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $2/$4
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $571.35
UTG+1: $414.10
CO: $393.50
Button: $385
SB: $357.50
BB: $406

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $16</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, 3 folds.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($38, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $24</font>, CO calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($86, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $68</font>, CO calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($222, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $188</font>, CO folds.
Uncalled bets: $188 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $222