View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 01:19 AM

Default Re: High Schooler Dresses up as KKK member for Halloween

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A good example was the Phelps church that had all those ridiculous anti-homosexual picket signs and doing stuff like protesting at the funerals of fallen U.S. soliders, saying that they deserved to die and a whole bunch of insane things. I was extremely offended and shocked after watching this documentary on these people. Do you think it's "stupid" to be offended by that or get upset over it? They didn't use anything but words, after all.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get what's offensive about the fact that stupid people exist. You know these people shouldn't be taken seriously, right? So why do you take the insane things they do and say seriously? All it does is validate their opinions (that is, give them the impression their opinions matter to you).

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of thing is this to say? Nothing offends you or pisses you off? You are human, aren't you? If you are, seek medical attention. I don't think you have any emotions, or the far more likelier case is that you're saying this because it sounds good in your head, but don't follow it yourself. I don't blame you either, it's just not practical.