View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 12:47 AM

Default Re: Don\'t come home until u is sobern! (NC Thread)

Regarding dating anniversaries:
[ QUOTE ]
hmmm, i would have to say v, but i've been married for 15 years. dating anniversaries would long be a thing of the past except our dating anniversary is Pearl Harbor Day which makes it kind of memorable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same sentiment with slightly different information.

I played online last night for the first time in over a month. Made a little money at 1/2 and the game broke up so I stepped into a 2/4 game for the very first time and promptly got hammered for 20% of my bankroll due to a horrible run of second-best type hands. Five hands accounted for pretty much all the damage: runner-runner flush, a fairly ordinary blind hand where my opponent's dominated A hit his bottom card, top pair on flop -> trips on turn -> top flush on river gets beaten by a boat, flopped top two pair gets beaten by a flopped set (those last two hands being consecutive and losing to 44 both times), and finally KK running into AA but both of us getting beaten by a miracle rivered two pair by the moron who called two extra bets cold and the pre-flop cap with J6o in the big blind. Not a pretty session moneywise but I could at least walk away knowing I played fine and there's plenty of bad players at some of those higher levels. I just need to build the bankroll to get there.