View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 12:31 AM

Default Re: Question for Commerce Regulars . . . . 40/80 vs higher

[ QUOTE ]
Just got back from Commerce (sorry Grisgra I forgot you were there and didn't meet any random 2p2 type guys to ask) where I played a bunch of 60/120 and the game played like a $3/$6 or lower online ring game pretty much the whole time. Basically you should play in it for many hours and never quit [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I ended up sticking with 40 bcs I didn't want to take a shot at 1/2 yet & the 60 was full, but given that two of the more mediocre players ended up moving from the 40 to the 60 while I was playing . . .

Suffices to say that any small doubts I had about making a reasonable living if I quit my regular job & online poker disappeared . . . well, they're pretty much gone. Holy crap! Gotta love those coldcalls with J8s in mid after an early open-raise.

What kind of throws me is that the distribution of ability is so wide at those tables. Playing 30/60 SH, it's rare that there are any huge fish, and bluffing tendencies seem to be more consistent, but these tables seem to have 3 horrible players, 2 mediocre ones, 2 rocks, and maybe 2 good/excellent players . . . and not being a regular, it's tough to tell whether this is the 3-bet-bluff guy or the I-don't-raise-without-a-set guy.

(But I'll never, ever trust an asian woman again.)

Still kind of berating myself for not giving the 1/2 a shot. I'm a 30/60 regular online, and take shots up to 100/200 when the tables are right . . . I think I'm just afraid of giving off physical tells at that level, I'm sure I must have a ton.

Going to hit Artichoke Joe's in SF now for 3-4 hours, and bay101 tomorrow . . . anyone going to be at bay101 tomorrow, lemme know.