View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 12:28 AM

Default Re: Bonds Responds

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OMG, WTF does it matter how RedBean would weight the percentage of Bonds having used steroids? Jesus Christ. Even if RB thinks he used PEDs a majority of the time, it doesn't matter because it wasn't a punishable offense by MLB. STFU about it already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Because he is the singular person here that is willing to go to great lengths to defend BB. And if he admits that it is probable that BB at some point took PED's then that moves the conversation in a completely different direction.

And it does matter if he took them, punishable or not. He is the holder of the most holy record in sports and is arguably the GOAT. His legacy will largely be determined by the resolution/non resolution of his alleged PED use.

Oh, and also, don't click on the thread? Would that help?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if you wanted to, you could assume that RedBean thinks it is 99% likely that Bonds used PEDs, or you could assume he thinks its .0001%, and it wouldnt make a shred of difference to anything he posts. Since I dont know RedBean or ever plan on meeting him, I dont really care what his personal opinion (read: guess) is about what Bonds took, ESPECIALLY since it doesnt impact his arguments or his position in any way.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I completely agree that it would not change his argument one bit I am interested in hearing what he thinks. I have just never seen someone so heavily invested in defending someone he presumably does not know.

I think his answer could potentially be very telling...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm like 80% sure RedBean and Bonds are cousins or college roomates. Definitely not 100% sure, but enough that I'd be willing to go out on a limb and say I believe it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]