View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Odd Craps Situation that Benefits Player - Does it Matter Enough

OK, I see where you are coming from, and I admit I had not really thought the whole thing out as I had never seen this variation of the game before, which I grant is an interesting one. I wasn't believing the game became +EV because of the greater number of wins vs losses (people who put money on all the place bets are a favorite to win something each roll, but that is hardly +EV :P)

The second "point" you made eventually clicked, and yes given that the come bet still stays around and eventually has to be resolved all it does is create a temporary +EV situation for a roll that is countered by the extra -EV (including the house edge) for the come bet that eventually has to resolve at a later time.

Is this a normal variation for craps? My only assumption is it creates a situation where a 7 on a come out roll is no longer bad, which I can see as mentally appealing to many players.

Note, I am a bit annoyed that I missed this, and I suppose I was just surprised at the time (a 7 was rolled which created a false win feel since my come roll did not lose as I thought it should - though obviously that is results based/situational thinking and statistically meaningless)

Thanks again.