View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 10:54 PM

Default Re: This can be my delayed Pooh-Bah post - \"The Well\"

[ QUOTE ]
1. How many HU sit n gos on avg do you play per week? Month?

[/ QUOTE ]

This varies a LOT based upon how much I am doing in school. I've played less than 20 in the past week and something like ~350 for the month. I've been doing poorly this semester so I've been focusing more on pulling up my grades than playing poker lately. If I'm just trying to grind with minimal variance I usually do 2 tables of $33's and aim for 50 a day. If I'm playing $100s+ I single table and try to avoid the regs so it depends who is playing. I usually only play like 10-20 of those a day even if I don't have any other plans. It would be more profitable for me to play more, but I don't like to risk running very poorly for the day and letting it ruin my night. Dropping a few hundreds dollars doesn't really bother me much, but running bad for $1000 can still get into my head a bit.

[ QUOTE ]
2. Do you mostly 1 table or Multi? If you multi how many do you play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried multi-tabling $100s a little bit, but my sample was too small to get any useful statistical information out of it. I tried 3-tabling $33s but I think it was starting to impact my ability to play so I dropped down to 2. I've 2-tabled the $33s for ~450 games at 13% ROI and ~$4.50 profit per game.

[ QUOTE ]
3. Do you find multi tabling relativity easy? If so how did you learn to focus on multiable tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it to be pretty easy at the lower levels because playing straight forward is generally what is most effective, and I can play like a robot without needing to adapt as much to my opponents. I tried playing 3 tables but I found that I wasn't adapting to my opponents AT ALL (I was only playing my own cards and not theirs), so I dropped down to 2 tables. I don't find much difference between playing 2 tables and playing 1, but playing 3 in my experience is a world apart.

[ QUOTE ]
4. How much is your coaching? And at levels do you recommend someone starts paying for coaching?

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually negotiate with the person based upon my hourly income and how much I believe that I can improve theirs. I've had trouble coming up with a middle ground for the lower stakes because if the cost of coaching is outweighing the their profit it kind of defeats the purpose. Depending on the stakes of charged from $25-60/hr. This can be expensive for lower stakes players so I've tried to accommodate by having lessons pre-written and well organized to make the time as efficient as possible. I was a little worried while getting started that this was too expensive, but from the results I've seen I think it is reasonable. I negotiate the rates in advance and I haven't much difficulty coming up with something both parties could agree on.

As far as what levels someone should get coaching, it depends more on if the player feels he/she has hit a roadblock in their game. If someone just started and feels they are learning and adapting quickly and building a roll it may not be necessary at all. It also depends on the player's mentality of the game. I try to change the player's thought processes and habits so that they can begin to teach themselves. I had trouble adjusting from a thought process that went "I think he has it so I fold" to a mentality of "I think I'm behind 60% of the time here, but I am getting 4:1 so I call."

[ QUOTE ]
5.How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck would?

[/ QUOTE ]

According to Wikipedia woodchucks have "short but powerful limbs and curved, thick claws." These are traits that I would consider ideal for woodchucking, so I assume that a woodchuck could chuck quite a bit of wood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groundhog