View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Don\'t come home until u is sobern! (NC Thread)

Played in a winner take all satellite to a CPT event in two weeks today. 160 invited, 110 came.

Completely card dead, I won one hand when I got to see the flop for free from the bb and hit two pair with 62. That bought me a round of blinds.

Continued to flop two pair but of course I wasn't lucky enough to be in the blind again so never collected. Saw AJs with a round of blinds left to me was in CO had one limper went all in and took it. Next round A3s UTG go all in with get called by button with AK and I spike my 3 on the turn. Straightened too go figure.

Stole blinds twice before I was about to go busto. So now I am down to 10k with the blinds at 3k/6k UTG with A7H. I go all in again and its folded to the bb who had 9k left in his stack.

He calls the 4k more for showdown with 84 of hearts. Flop comes K56 with two hearts. Turn is the 4. River wasn't any heart, any ace any 7 any eight or any 3 and I finish 19th.

One more satellite to go from the bar league. Sitting in first place (we played once a week for chips for this event) Eight weeks, 300 chips to show up for the week and 300 if you make the final table. Made the final table 6 times. (Yes these guys suck)

So that one will have around 25 people. One other guy has same stack as me, everyone else is at least 1200 behind.

Will be interesting to see if I can play with the big stack against these guys, although I think the best strategy is to stay tight and hope I catch someone bluffing.