View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: **** OFFICIAL Premiership 2007-08 season Thread!*****

[ QUOTE ]
anyone who saw the game, can you comment on how both teams looked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll preface it by saying I'm a diehard Gunners fan that was on 4 hours of sleep.

I thought we looked a little nervous in the first half and played a more conservative style of play than we have all year. Wenger obviously was nervous about being countered because we played the 4-5-1 all game and for the whole first half never got more than 2 guys in the box (except for the FK that Gallas got a good head on).

The 2nd half really opened up though due to Rooney's goal right before half. We played like we had all year and just went at them for most the half.

ManU showed why they are the defending champs. Their experience in really big games showed. They capitalized on both of their big chances. God knows what Almunia was doing coming out on the 2nd goal though. I didn't see the defender who was trailing Evra by a foot but Almunia should have made Evra beat him from that angle rather than give Ronaldo the empty netter.

Despite that though Arsenal still looked like the better team. We dominated possession as much as one team can in a match between two teams with as much quality. What was lacking was quality in the final third. Adebayor really did not make much of an impact. Hleb was just outstanding though playing the holding spot behind him. Eboue and Rosicky played much better games than they did against Liverpool. Cesc and Flamini were steady as always as were our two center-backs. Clichy and Sagna though were a bit below par and it costed us.

We didn't do enough to win I don't think but the draw was very much deserved. I would have settled for it before the match as would most I think. All in all, still top of the table with a game in hand. I'm content.

Edit: [censored] Rooney, [censored] Ronaldo, [censored] Evra and Anderson. [censored].