View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

I also think there should be an alternative option in regards to the tournament packages that go along with SuperNova Elite; even if the option is significantly less.

Consider:
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Some players don't really care for donkaments, especially the cash game grinders that are reaching Elite.
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Some players have difficulty traveling or just plain dislike it.
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Some players have 'prior commitments' during the dates of the tournaments, be it job or family related.
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Some players actually lose value from their normal high stakes cash games to travel and play in the donkaments. There was a poster in this very thread I believe that fell into this category.

I can think of some more (smaller) reasons why there should be an alternative option.

The two big packages are worth at least $12k each, depending on which tournaments the player chooses.

Some alternative options which should be considered are:
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A weekly entry to the Sunday Million tournament for the entire year. $17,040 minus whatever tournaments are not run during the WCOOP.
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]15,000 T$.
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]1,000,000 FPPs.
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A travel voucher for $16,000 to go on the "trip of a lifetime" from ePlatinum Travel.

I'm sure others could come up with more (and probably better) alternatives.