View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 05:55 PM

Default Re: NL10 - Should I call this river bet?

One of the things that caused me problems when I first started to play NL was looking for ways to play hands instead of looking for ways not to play hands. You're in an early position 3rd to act pre-flop. You may see it descried as middle, but it is really EP. Never, ever play weak, off suit A's in early position. So, fold pre-flop.

Now, you're engaged in the hand and flop a weak top pair. Betting is fine, but you are not looking to get all-in with this hand. Tread very carefully. Lots of things beat you.

I don't have any idea what you're turn bet is all about. Don't make bets like that. When you're raised, you may or may not be beat. You're weak lead looked like it wanted to be raised and could have been raised by any 2. I think you're probably beat here. I would expect the villain to show up with 77 and 33 a lot.

On the river, you're almost certainly beat. Don't stack off with 2nd pair for 120BB. Just don't. It isn't winning poker. Don't put yourself in positions like this. Fold these hands preflop.