View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Help me buy things- win up to 100$!

First off, I would’ve posted this in CTH but I figure there are more people here that want to make a quick 50$.
Anyways, I just bought an alienware m9750, and it is going to arrive next week. I'm going to be using it for gaming, music, and a ton of poker of course. (mostly 5/10nl HU) There are a lot of things right now that I'm not happy with in terms of my "setup" on this computer. I've been spending way too much time surfing the web comparing different products and joining random forums instead of playing poker.

So, I'll give 50$ to whoever best answers my questions, and if they do an excellent job I will give an additional 50$. If I see a reply with a suggestion for one or two items on the list and I decide that it is an excellent suggestion I’ll ship 10$ your way. If people don't believe me or something, I'll ship to a reputable poster I guess. I have Full Tilt and UB money right now.

Ok, here we go.

I currently use an iPod and iTunes. I am looking for higher quality music, I've got the money to buy CD's and burn them onto my computer if this is the best option. A suggestion for a good CD purchasing site is needed as well. Recommendations for certain "lossless" programs as well as what basic music media center I should be using are appreciated. I have heard good things about Rhapsody, especially it being compatible with some of the better decoding programs. Also, I currently have a pair of Shure SLK4's (~350$, in-ear headphones) and I also want to buy a pair or regular headphones, and am willing to spend quite a bit on them. What should my complete music "setup" be?

Next, I am thinking about getting a TV tuner for my new laptop. I want to be able to watch TV on it, and I've seen these tuners going for anywhere from 50-150$. Is there any way I can get a PCI card and install it myself? Or do I have to go with one of the USB cards, or something like that. What's my best bet?

I've been getting into mixing a little bit, strictly recreationally. What DAW (digital audio workstation) is best for someone who just likes to mess around with one?

I got Windows Vista Ultimate on my Alienware. Recommended by a few friends. What can I do with ultimate? Where can I learn more about its nuances?

I need a new mouse, last one broke. I’ve been looking at the Logitech MX Air. So I need recommendations for this as well.

Computer speakers. I haven’t even looked into different brands, but again am willing to pay for a good set.

Anything else you recommend for me to do/get for my computer, please let me know.