View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 01:33 PM

Default Re: 5/10 vs kmoney, explain something to me

As played I fold.

However, I'd never play it that way. The only reason I'd c/r here is because I think he'll stack off with less, and unless you guys have some crazy history together I don't think he will.

I think the best options on the flop are c/c or lead. Since I basically never lead in HU raised pots, I'd c/c and lead a blank turn. You lead reasonably often, so that'd be a viable option here imo. The only problem with leading is that it can induce bluff raises which works against the idea of keeping the pot small and trying to see more cards cheaply.

I don't think you should be as concerned with getting max value out of something you beat in this hand. On this board vs. this opponent I don't think he's gonna be paying off big with anything you beat. When you raise on this flop after calling pf, your range becomes pretty transparent imo, basically KQ/KT/QT/J9/maayybe TT/bluff, and someone like kmoney simply isn't gonna make very many mistakes given that information. If you c/c or lead the flop he could definitely call down or keep firing w/ less though.