Default Re: The Well: Lefort

[ QUOTE ]
An oldie but goodie:

Live Man or Dead Woman?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead man for sure..

[ QUOTE ]
How is your hangover?

Say you played your A-game consistently. What win-rates do you think would be possible at 25/50 NL, 5/10 NL and 1/2?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hangover isn't bad. I drink a ton of water both while I'm boozing, before bed, and when I wake up.

As for winrates, I don't really "believe" in them. There are way too many changing variables as you "accumulate" a seemingly converged winrate. If I 1-tabled 5/10 by finding the best table at any time, I'm sure I could run at 8+pt. If I 12-tabled with no table selection, I'd probably have trouble cracking 2pt. This is especially true for 25/50 where there are definitely times where without table selection, I could conceivably be a dog. And for 1/2... I've never really played it to be honest, so I'm not sure. I'd probably run at like -2pt there because nobody would fold to my bruffs...

[ QUOTE ]
do you play professionally, lefort? regardless of the answer, thoughts on doing so?

your blog is very good, by the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will never ever ever consider myself a professional poker player. It's the only form of income I've had for the past 4 years during university, but I'd rather consider myself a student than a pro poker player. Once I'm done school in April, I'm starting a real estate investing company. But even if I didn't have such plans, I'd STILL consider myself an academic as I try to use the oodles of spare time that poker lends to learn. I think alot of people don't take advantage of some of the advantages that making money off of poker can give.

Thanks about the blog. I'll try to continue updating a couple times a week now that I'm grinding again. http://lefort.livejournal.com