View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Re: DVD Discussion: Before Sunrise

katy,

You're fascinating to me. It seems like every other post I find out something that you want from life, relationship, friendship, etc. And then the other posts are about how you can't have them and it pains you. You want a guy with certain traits. One isn't around. So it feels like this almost..giving up sometimes. :-/ Not every post is like that, but it's interesting, nonetheless.

It reminds me of someone who has all of these wonderful hopes and dreams but has already accepted that they can't have it (and I see this sort of thing in your posts about "Here's my idea, but I'm too afraid to start the thread."

This may seem offtopic of some sort, but I think it has the themes of the movie in mind. I feel like already, after one set of replies from everyone, that my responses have transcended the movie itself. Another reason I love BS.

Back onto the movie, I like your views on the intimacy you feel in the movie. It is amazing just how much intimacy and "tension" drips in the two movies. The booth scene. The almost touching each others hair/head. Another favorite of mine is when they're on the boat in Sunset and Jesse sort of walks away from her and says "God, why weren't you there?" and her reaction is just amazing to me. It's like she knew the issue would come back up, and when it finally did...I could almost feel her shoulders slump with despair internally.