View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 12:18 PM

Default Re: What should I do?

Ok, I will tell you the end. I call and he has (as I suspected) full house.

About the way in which I played the hand I agree with you: I played it in an horrible way. The problem is that, after one month at this level, I can say that it is not exactly true the fact that people call with everything. It is true that there are some suckers (and what kind of...!!!) but usually people are more than tight [obviously post-flop, cause pre-flop are iper-loose].
I wanted to make a little call on the flop and a pot-bet on the turn, but they checked. The problem is that I am almost sure (say 19/20) that with a bet they fold all toghether and I was SB. Usually there is someone (say 1/2) that try to bluff in this kind of pots after some checks. I thought that, being in SB, I could try to slowplay (or check-raise, depending on the guy that made the bet). In middle position I would bet, that's for sure.

About the last bet, I really had the feeling he had a Full house but I called (it was possible he had a Jack-flush). Nevertheless I thought it was an uncorrect call from a mathematical point of view.

PS: about small bets that show weakness, usually it is true but at this level it is almost always true the contrary. It is interesting to say that it depends on the betting patterns of the villain in turn and flop.