View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 12:11 PM

Default Re: **** OFFICIAL Premiership 2007-08 season Thread!*****

[ QUOTE ]
Man what a ridiculous game that was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you say that? I don't understand why that game would be ridiculous. If you don't allow the two top teams to play each other, how can they find out who's better. By the way, two questions:

1. Why wasn't there an overtime and then a shootout.
2. I see that Manchester was wearing black. When did that start. Isn't their team color Red and dayglo yellow (I have seen them wear both of these jerseys in the past).

Speaking of game strategy: I think Arsenal should focus on scoring their goals EARLIER in the game. The way they played it, they were lucky to get a tie and they left themselves very little chance of winning. Say, for example, they scored their goals in the first half, they could have taken a more defensive posture and perhaps prevented the second goal.

Also, Arsenal needs to focus on doing long kicks to their forwards. All that passing only allows the defense to get back and get ready for the play. Instead, they need a BIG FOOT that can kick the ball almost all the way down the field and then they can have their fast guys run it down. I don't understand Arsenal's soccer philosophy. After all, this is not Brazil. All the European teams use a BIG FOOT strategy and that works the best.

As for Manchester, Rooney is a total ball hog down towards the net. He needs to play more like Rohaldhino (my personal favorite) and focus on juggling a few times before passing OR taking a shot. If your forward can juggle and do tricks in the box, the defense tends to get overwhelmed and intimidated and often stand around with their mouths agape. If you've ever played hackey sack, you can't help but be awestruck when a guy goes on a juggling tear.