View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 09:58 AM

Default L O/8: looking for affirmation

In a 0.25/0.50 limit game last night I was in early position with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I call, it gets raised, re-raised once more and eight people see the flop.

Flop comes 8-5-2 all spades giving me the nut flush. Betting gets capped with 6 people still in the hand. Then the turn comes: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] pairing the board.

I fold to a bet knowing that both this round and the river will be capped (and they were). The remaining 5 players all stay in for the duration. The river was 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

The winning high? Queen high flush! I threw away the best hand losing a big pot. DOH! So here is my question, when the turn paired the board was folding the correct play (+EV)? Five players still in, I assumed someone had to have a boat, or at least will hit one with another card to come. Please tell me my logic is correct.

Going with the above scenario, what if the turn was a blank and the river pairs the board? Should I fold assuming someone hit a boat now that I'm more committed to the pot?