View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 09:17 AM

Default Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

I wouldn't know above SSNL as I've never had the roll to play 400NL and my few underrolled shots never made it.

But from 200NL and down, I can't see party competing with a good rb deal .. and there are plenty of 'fish' everywhere.

Many of those that complain are longing for the days where you just could wait for AA and still be profitable.

I don't believe poker to be a difficult game from a technical point of view, but there are two big obstacles.

1st is experience, you have to log a zillion hands in order to get good at hand reading. (which is why I have no problem with people massively multitabling the micro's, I took my biggest leap in handreading 8 tabling sngs)

2nd is mental. Get used to trowing quite large sums of money around as if there where no tomorrow ... and be able to stand getting raped by variance without losing faith or tilting. The latter is the biggest hurdle.

These two demand putting a LOT of hours into poker. I was dumb enough to quit my job and just play fulltime (without have any skill) .. somehow I survived and now I have a decent amount of skill.

But all the players that have to balance a job and other things while playing poker have the odds stacked against them if trying to become good.

So even disregarding all morons and retards playing for a kick and/or to be gangsta/superior ... there is still plenty of scope for finding 'bad' players. They are just not quite as clueless as three years ago.

I don't think the differences between the sites are significant. (tho good rb deals make a big difference when playing SSNL and below)