View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 08:50 AM

Default Re: *** Official WPT Final @ Foxwoods ***

[ QUOTE ]
Built a twice average stack in the $1500 when 100 were left, then my table got aggressive and some good players came all on top of me being carddead - i end up cashing, barely, but my first pushbot hand i shove J2o in the SB and BB wakes up with aces.

Oh - and earlier in the tournament I was witness to a Betgo eruption..

Dealer: Someone didn't ante over here
Betgo: I anted, it bounced a bit, but it was him :oints at asian dude::
Asiandude: i think i anted, its right ther ein front of me
betgo: yea, it bounced over there, it was him.. i can't believe you're beating a cheater over 25 chips.
Asiandude: Oh yea? CHeater? I was gonna put it in anyway, but now no way, call the floor.
Bego: blah blah blah CHEATER CHEATER blah blah CHEAT OVER 25 CHIPS I PUT IT IN, I ANTED. IT WS HIM HES A CHEATER.
a few hands later, its still being talked about.. but during a quiet moment.
betgo: <font color="red">you know, you're a [censored] prick.</font>
"FLOOR@!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Where you the young guy in seat 2, maybe seat 3? Seemed like maybe a pro Internet player. This is my side of the story as posted in B&amp;M. Exit was on the other side of the table, and didn't hear what the Asian dude was saying to me. I didn't call him a prick out of the blue. It was in response to his saying I was tossing chips again, virutally admitting he didn't ante that time.The guy made very clear to me that he purposely didn't post ante to make a point about my tossing chips.

[ QUOTE ]

Live $1500 MTT. First level of antes. I toss in a 25 ante chip. I am in seat 8 and a significant distance from the betting circle. The chip bounces so it is in front of seat 10.

I don't see seat 10 put in a chip. Dealer says there is an ante missing. Everyone in the area says they anted, except seat 10, who says the chip is in front of him.

The floor is called. Seat 10 continues to repeat that the chip is in front of him. I repeat that I anted. The dealer seems to imply that I am wrong. The floor doesn't say anything. After a couple of minutes of this, I throw in another ante chip.

After the floor leaves, seat 10 says to me that it serves me right for tossing the chip. This gets me angry and I call him a cheater and ask if that is how he got that WSOP bracelets.

A few hands later, I purposely toss in an ante chip loosely, as I am annoyed. Seat 10 says I am tossing in a chip again. I am incenced that he is pretty much admitting he purposely didn't ante. I call him a pr_ and some other things. The floor is called and I get a 20 minute penalty.

In retrospect, I guess seat 10 was annoyed that I was tossing rather than placing the ante chips. I had never seen someone try to get out of putting in an ante chip before. Thought the story might be slightly interesting and entertaining.

[/ QUOTE ]