View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Blackwater in a time of peace

[ QUOTE ]

I still have yet to read of an incident where a US soldier was captured by the enemy in Iraq treated anywhere close to as well as combatants are treated in Guantanamo, let alone a Blackwater security agent captured and held to the Geneva Convention.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said, the US doesn't treats unlawful combatant according to the Geneva convention, it is really much to expect mercenaries to be treated any better by any other sovereign country.

[ QUOTE ]
We may get rougher than you feel is needed, which is an opinion I share, although we probably disagree on what "is needed" but I still have yet to see a story of US Military Police personnel beheading someone on video and shipping it to the media.

[/ QUOTE ]

No much better kill women and children and then try to cover it up! By the way I am not singling out the US military police, I am holding the entire military infrastructure, lawful or unlawful (mercenaries) to account.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think that it is acceptable to allow people to starve because religious nutcases wants to blow up trucks?

[/ QUOTE ]

No neither do I think 500,000+ civilian casualties to oust a regime that might not be quite the fashion anymore, although it definitely was a friend of the US, acceptable either.

[ QUOTE ]
Blackwater cannot fail because, unlike the US Military, if Blackwater fails, the government will not just keep throwing money at them, they will fire them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sincerely hope that Blackwater fails and cost the greedy investors their lifestyles, and I think it is a distinct possibility should either the US government wake up to its moral authority or should the world opinion wake up to the monstrosity of greedy capital in times of unwarranted war and apply enough pressure.

I mean much bigger, and even less ethical companies, like Enron did ultimately fail too, and it is far from the only one! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] That's the part I like about capitalism, nobody is exempt.