View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 08:05 AM

Default Re: Blackwater in a time of peace

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please link up an article about a Blackwater security agent capturing anyone in Guantanamo. I know you don't usually know much about the topics you speak of, particularly those concerning the US, so I'll help you out. The United States Military is responsible for that.

These Blackwater guys, they're not out taking over cities, they're running convoys from city to city, helping people get supplies they couldn't get because religious zealots blow up any large truck they see, and protecting heads of state.

No Blackwater security agent has ever captured anyone who is incarcerated in Guantanamo. Nice try, no one with a brain would buy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said anything of the kind! I was suggesting that should Blackwater personel be arrested/captured by the enemy, I would understand why they would be treated as "suspected" combatants were treated by the US in Guantanamo Bay,as just what they are; mere mercenaries, goons, guns for hire, worse than pimps. Surely so, according to the Geneva convention (I nearly gorgot you cannot invoke the geneva convention against US citizens [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ).

[/ QUOTE ]

I still have yet to read of an incident where a US soldier was captured by the enemy in Iraq treated anywhere close to as well as combatants are treated in Guantanamo, let alone a Blackwater security agent captured and held to the Geneva Convention.

We may get rougher than you feel is needed, which is an opinion I share, although we probably disagree on what "is needed" but I still have yet to see a story of US Military Police personnel beheading someone on video and shipping it to the media.

Do you think that it is acceptable to allow people to starve because religious nutcases wants to blow up trucks?

These trucks they destroy with IED's are often filled with essentials for survival OF THE IRAQI PEOPLE, food, water, diapers, you know, things that everybody needs. Guess what. Blackwater convoys transport those things too. Along with lumber, construction supplies, etc.

We're getting off topic here. To get back on point, have you ever visited Blackwaters website? Link. Check it out. You'll see what they have to offer.

Security in a warzone is a scary business. They are hated by the insurgents because they are a much bigger threat to them than the US Military can be.

Blackwater cannot fail because, unlike the US Military, if Blackwater fails, the government will not just keep throwing money at them, they will fire them.