View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 03:00 AM

Default Re: Razz 4th street question

ok, i think this is marginal. With two bets going in on 3rd, i think i would bet out even if i was 100% sure to get called. it makes for some tough decisions on 5th, but with two bets going in on 3rd i dont really want to brick - fold on 5th. this way i am forced to go to 6th even with a 10 draw vs a 6 draw and make a decison about whether the villain has paired or made a hand then. this approach will lead to big swings but hey this is razz right?

if you dont want such big swings take the approach endorsed by Tom McEvoy and others - give the free card on 4th to allow a fold if you dont like how its looking on 5th. The point of the check is to make it easier to release the hand rather than gain deception. I agree with this approach if there wasnt much money in on 3rd st.

The totally classy approach imho would be to bet on 4th then fold on 5th if you think you have slipped behind to a smooth draw. This however takes more discipline than i can usually muster, generally i'm like - 'i'm not drawing dead, ill take another card'.