View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 02:39 AM

Default Re: Religion DOES Do More Good Than Harm

[ QUOTE ]

I'm reading things to suit myself? Since when is taking a man at his word "reading things to suit myself?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on Kurto, you really think the Iraq war was started because Georgy wanted to please his God ?

If you're really serious about that I have nothing more to add. I guess God didn't just call George, probably he and his infinite power made a video-conference and convinced George, Cheney, and all the others in the power structure on the US to go to war with Iraq.

I'm not a religious man at all, but I wonder why some people spend a lot of time and energy trying to blame religion for all the bad things in this world when alternative explanations (using Occam's razor) are just more plausible than the "evilness" of religion. I know pretty intelligent and logic people who just lose it when they start talking about religion and how religious people are stupid and evil at the same time !?!. If they were molested by a priest or something I understand, but if not, it's hard to understand being that zealous.